Terms of Service
Terms of Service and Price Guide updated as of 02/09/2012
Current Status: OPEN
- The Artist reserves the right to refuse any commission without explanation.
- The Artist reserves the right to change any and all information on this page at any time without warning.
- The Artist will not handle the depiction of illegal activities, sexually explicit materials, fetish, humorously offensive, and hateful images.
- The Artist will not create artwork for online pet adoptable websites or forums.
- Clear and concise visual references and brief description of a commission idea must be provided by the Client. After which a preliminary quote will be provided by the Artist. The Artist will not accept purely text-based descriptions for non Create-A-Design commissions. The Artist will not be held at fault for any mistakes made on the final version due to incorrect or missing information.
- Discussion about the commission will occur over the private messaging system. All communication will be written and web-based.
- The Artist's signature and/or watermark must remain on any and all images provided.
- The Artist exclusively owns the full rights to the image. (See "Image Rights" below)
- Payment will be through Paypal. USD currency only.
- Full payment will be sent upfront unless otherwise agreed upon for larger projects.
- When sending payment, select the "Service" option. Do not select "Gift".
- Do not send more than the agreed upon amount or the transaction will be declined at the Artist's discretion, do not include "tips".
- The Client must provide the username used to request the commission and a brief description of what they ordered in the email that accompanies Paypal transfers.
Deadlines and Edits
- The Artist ensures the Client will receive updates via private messaging system on the commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it's necessary for updates, assurance or reminders. Public updates will also be made via Deviantart.com journal (skysealer) and furaffinity.net journal (skysealer).
- Deadlines, if any, must be decided before work has begun on the commission. Deadline fees will apply.
- Rush fees may be applied at the Artist's discretion. If the deadline is missed, this fee will be refunded.
- The Client is shown a work in progress of their commission to be approved once at each stage.
- The Client is allotted a total of three edits at no additional charge; additional edits will have an added fee and pricing will depend on what stage the work is in.
- Major edits will only be available during the sketch stage.*
- Additional works in progress may be shown upon request. The Client may not request multiple works in progress within a day.
- The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and red line pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, coloring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
- A redraw will count as a completely separate commission and will be charged as such.
* Major edits are defined as large edits such as repositioning a body part or making large changes to an outfit.
- A refund may be requested at any time.
- The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission, at any time, due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behavior or the inability to communicate in effective English.
- The refunded amount will be determined by how much work has already been completed. If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during or after the coloring stage they will not be issued a refund.
- The Client will be given what has been completed up until the point of refund.
- Refunds will be provided according to the point above even if the Artist is the one to cancel it.
- B/W Sketch-only images are non-refundable.
- Refunds for Speed Paint images will be provided based upon the level of completion. The amount to be refunded will be at the Artist's discretion.
- The Artist retains all of the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise as well as promote the Artist's services.
- The Client may not make prints of the artwork or profit from the artwork. The Client may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself or have someone else alter the work. The Client may also upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required, and it must not be any high resolution or unwatermarked version of the artwork.
- The Artist reserves the right to display the commission.
The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.
Price Guide and Samples
- Please note the subject matter in my gallery that I am familiar with to determine your request (I am proficient and very effective at more than just dragons).
- Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece.
- All current items listed will be created via Photoshop CS and a Wacom Intuos3 tablet.
- Please allow artistic license. Do not ask me to 'copy' a style.
- Additional characters in an image are subject to additional fees. Pricing will depend on the commission type, character complexity, and request details.
Speed Paint: $70+
Full body or Portrait. Background included.
Clean Line Art
Full body or Portrait. No background.
- B/W Line Art: $80+
- Flat Colored Line Art: $90+
Shaded/Colored Line Art
Full body or Portrait. Simple background or no background.
- Color, Cel-Shaded Line Art: $100+
- Color, Soft Shaded Line Art: $110+
- Color, Painterly Shaded Line Art: $120+
Full Illustrations: $150+
Lineless artwork. Painterly. Refined background included.
Main body and miscellaneous items (wings, mouth, eyes, etc.). Flat colored or textured backgrounds. Text provided.
- Color, Flat Color: $110+
- Color, Cel-Shaded: $130+
- Color, Soft Shaded: $140+
- Color, Painterly Shaded: $150+
- Color, Painterly, Lineless: $200+
Have you ever wished you could have a sketch of yours inked or colored by me? Well, now's your chance! Final price will depend on complexity of the work and I may provide fixes in anatomy and proportion by request. Additional fees may apply (please see the Deadlines and Edits section in the Terms of Service). Due to the collaborative effort involved, the commissioner must agree to not resell or otherwise make a profit off of the work in any way (please see the Image Rights section in the Terms of Service). Provided line art for coloring must be on a transparent background and in PSD or PNG format. Please provide the largest version available.
- From Your Sketch to B/W Line Art: $20-40+
- From Your Line art to Flat Colored : $10-20+
- From Your Line art to Cel-Shaded Color: $20-30+
- From Your Line art to Soft-Shaded Color: $30-50+
- From Your Line art to Painterly Color (lineless): $50-80+
- From Your Sketch to B/W Line Art & Flat, Cel, Soft-Shaded, or Painterly: $40-100+
Need help putting pen to paper? Would you like to see my take on a design idea that you may have but are otherwise having trouble with? Would you like to see what kind of character design I can come up with when given a few terms to play with, a phrase, or an excerpt out of a story you have written? Design collaborations will be composed in profile view, otherwise known as a 'reference style' pose. While we will work together to better envision the character you describe please allow artistic license. Additional fees may apply (please see the Deadlines and Edits section in the Terms of Service).
- B/W Line Art: $70+
- Flat Color Line Art: 80+
- Cel-Shaded Line Art: 90+
- Soft-Shaded Line Art: 110+
- Painterly (Lineless): 130+
Become an Artist Sponsor
Interested in seeing a specific character of mine again? Miss seeing Sardi and wonder what she may be up to? Maybe you're simply a fan of my art, head world, and/or characters and would like to see more of it! By becoming an artist sponsor you will essentially be commissioning me to work on my own quality personal art while I toil away at regular commissions.
As an Artist Sponser you may request a specific character, theme, or request to see something or someone new! These are just a few examples of course, and the more you donate as a sponsor the more time and effort I will be able put into the polished image. As an example, a $20 donation will allow me to create either a refined sketch or a full blown line art. A donation over $50 will allow me to create a cel-shaded, soft-shaded, or painterly image. Items $100 and up will allow me to go all out into full lineless, painterly illustrations. The amount of donation will also determine how much control you will have over the request, for example a $20 donation will let you specify a character or theme where as a $60 donation will allow you to request a setting, character, and interaction if you so choose. While I will not provide works in progress as these are personal works, you will be displayed in the artist description as the sponsor of the image.
If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to contact me via notes. Please refrain from commenting with questions about price estimates, contact me through notes instead.
Thank you for reading!