The new computer is LIVE!
Phew, got that all fixed up. I figured Firefox was giving all of the internet a bit of a ‘washed out gray’ feeling again, since I had to fresh install it just now and perusing my gallery.. none of my images seemed as vibrant as they were supposed to be. Turns out it was actually my NVIDIA settings not set to their full potential!
*IMPORTANT* To everyone reading this, this is a good example - Sardiryx is supposed to be a very lush, deep purplish blue on her reference sheet and not a dull, steel/navy blue. If you are seeing a dull steel blue then your color settings are not calibrated correctly and/or your graphics card is not utilizing its full potential!
How to get the best, accurate color settings out of your NVIDIA graphics card:
- Right click desktop
- Select NVIDIA Control Panel
- Locate the ‘Video’ tab
- Underneath Video tab is ‘Adjust video color settings’, click it
- Find and toggle on ‘With the NVIDIA settings’
- Click ‘Advanced’ tab in the same menu
- Select ‘Dynamic Range’ drop down and set to ‘Full (0-255)’
If you are a Firefox user, it may be your browser settings:
- In the search bar type ‘about:config’ and hit enter
- Click through the warning menu
- Locate ‘gfx.color_management.mode’ (alphabetical order)
- Change Integer to 0 (double click the number)
- Restart Firefox
Just thought I'd share the knowledge around. This has helped a few people already with their color settings and I decided why not extend this out to all of my galleries? The more you know! :>
It also doesn't hurt to go through a proper monitor calibration test, you can find multiple tutorials and helpful websites by doing a simple Google search with 'monitor calibration'.